Obesity is on the rise with the busy lifestyle, people are looking for additional resources to assist in shedding those extra pounds. One such medicinal supplement is Forskolin, the drug came into spot light as it got endorsed by Dr. Oz in one of his episodes of the Dr. Oz television show.
About the Drug:
Forskolin is one of the potent active ingredients of the plant Coleus that is a member of the mint family native to subtropical regions of Africa and Asia. Forskolin has shown the ability to help manage many health conditions such as obesity, hormonal issues, heart health, and even help with allergies. Forskolin’s weight reduction properties have become popular as it is said to induce lipolysis.
The Working Mechanism:
Forskolin causes spikes in a chemical called cyclic adenosine monophosphate, or cAMP for short. This compound is involved in helping regulate many vital functions in your body such as increase memory, improve cardiovascular activity, and support activating faster mechanisms for losing body fat. The current study made on this drugs weight reduction is not strong enough to make any recommendations as, in the results it was found that this drug does not reduce the fat but prevents development of new fat and reduces hunger. This drug has gained its popularity after it got endorsed by Dr. Oz claiming to be the miracle fat burner.
Performance and Physique Applications:
- Forskolin’s primary draws for athletes are its potential as a testosterone booster and fat burner; however the limited studies lack the proper backing up. When used in conjunction with proper diet and a healthy lifestyle it can be used to help manage a healthy weight.
- Another common use of Forskolin is in the treatment of allergies, as it was found that forskolin has the ability to decrease the amount of allergens able to cross into the bloodstream during periods of anaphylaxis.
- Forskolin also has the ability to increase the diameter of airways in the lungs and helps in treating asthma and asthma like conditions.
- This drug has also shown abilities to revitalize failing heart tissues. Which in turn produce a stronger heartbeat, and wider blood vessels.
- Forskolin has the ability to increase testosterone levels in men up to 30% this has caused the athletes and body builders to get attracted to this supplement.
It is important to be aware of few potential side effects.
- A lab study has found that Forskolin has destructive effects on the DNA that can potentially lead to cancers and mutations.
- Taking Forskolin may also cause rapid or irregular heartbeat.
- Forskolin can lower the blood pressure. People who are pregnant, nursing, have blood disorders, or are suffering from heart disease should not take forskolin.
Forskolin is being endorsed as powerful weight loss supplement, however much research is yet to be done to prove this fact. Always a physician’s opinion is to be taken before taking any of these supplements as these supplements can have many adverse effects. If you are looking to lose weight fast, there aren’t many healthy or sustainable ways of doing so like regular exercise and healthy diet.